YouTeam is a Y Combinator-backed marketplace for hiring great developers from vetted dev shops around the globe. With us, our Clients hire offshore developers they can trust, in less than a week.
Our company is remote-first, with HQ in Silicon Valley, offices in London, Lviv, and Kyiv.
We are searching for a self-motivated Legal Intern with high chances of getting a permanent full-time contract in the perspective of a few months. The Legal Intern will work directly with our very knowledgeable and experienced Legal Counsel who knows almost everything about the US/UK legal side of HR-tech marketplaces and start-ups life in general.
This job is expected to be performed at least 16 hours per week remotely on a part-time basis. Still, we search for Lviv-based candidates as the permanent full-time contract would require some presence in our cozy Lviv office.
Qualifications and personal attributes:
- Higher education in Law (completed or in progress); Fluent English (including legal drafting);
- An eye for detail;
- Good analytical skills;
- Fast learner;
- Initiative and willingness to work in a start-up environment.
- Knowledge of corporate and tax law;
- Familiarity with GDPR, CCPA and other data protection regulations; Strategic thinking.
- Legal research (researching and analyzing potential legal risks in the company’s jurisdictions of operations – USA, EU, Ukraine);
- Consulting on marketing initiatives;
- Drafting and revising contracts, website Terms & Conditions, internal policies, guidelines, and other documents;
- Supporting day-to-day legal activities and operations of the company, including support of private entrepreneurs;
- Monitoring legislation changes and providing recommendations on their application.
What’s in it for you:
- Great career start & the opportunity of rising to interesting challenges with international business cases for professional and personal growth;
- Professional day-to-day navigation;
- High chances of getting a permanent full-time contract in the perspective of a few months;
- Competitive hourly rate based on qualifications; Flexible working hours & remote work.