One of the features of Sketch is a lot of various plug-ins and resources. It has the openness of the Sketch file, which is universally supported and perfectly integrated into other applications.
Abstract, Framer and InVision are just some of the most popular third-party programs that support the Sketch application. Like the iPhone smartphone ecosystem, having access to these amazing extensions, you will make the workflow dozens of times more modern and efficient. Most importantly, it is closely related to the active community, which always strives to improve the work process.
As a result, you constantly solve problems through new versions of extensions and improve your own workflow with the help of the best methods.
If you want your work in the program to be effective, then you must follow four rules:
- Create symbols. Elements that repeat more than 2 times on the artboard should be translated into symbols. If you needed to make any changes to the appearance of the symbol, change it on the “Symbols” page, and editing will be applied automatically on the all the project’s artboards.
- Support a page with a UI guide. If the project involves a large number of sections, forms, text blocks, a separate page is created in which all the elements are assembled. The page is called “UI” and consists of 4 artboards:
- elements of forms and their states;
- text document styles;
- elements of the interface;
- Correctly name the layers and groups. Observe the hierarchy. This rule applies not only to Sketch users, but also to Photoshop employees. Designers have to work with the layouts, and the more clear they are for them, the faster the picture becomes an excellent site or application. For this it is always necessary to call the layers, it is logical to group them and follow the sequence from top to bottom. That is, the cap should be at the very top, the content in the middle, the footer below, and so on.
- Use the grid. Vertical and horizontal rhythms. Proceed to grids after creating a page design layout. They are designed to order all the elements on the artboard. Thanks to the grid, the vertical and horizontal rhythms of the layout are created. The design becomes orderly and systematized. That is, at first everything is developed “by eye”, and at the very end it is built into the grid system.
Thanks to these simple rules and techniques, the productivity of working with Sketch increases. Moreover, not only the productivity of designers but also the layout designers, who will get the layout. A good design begins with the order in the layouts.