Interviewing a Cryptocurrency Developer: 9 Key Technical Skills
Due to the rapid growth of cryptocurrencies as well as blockchain technologies behind them, Ethereum and bitcoin cryptocurrency developers are in high demand nowadays. Cryptocurrency developers are typically responsible for the bitcoin, blockchain and Ethereum platform APIs for smooth integration of various cryptocurrency-related applications and services that handle cryptocoin transactions. If you are using such applications or launching an ICO, then you are probably looking for a cryptocurrency engineer. In this article, we will highlight the key technical skills that you should spot when interviewing a cryptocurrency developer:
- Familiarity with bitcoin, ether, and other cryptocurrencies.
- Basic understanding of blockchain technologies. As we have already mentioned, blockchain is the main technology behind cryptocoins, and daily tasks of cryptocurrency programmers include the development of applications and systems based on this technology. The most popular blockchain platforms for today are Ethereum, Hyper Ledger, and HashGraph. It will be fine if your candidate demonstrates knowledge of at least one of these platforms.
- Understanding of decentralized applications (DApps). A dapp is an application that runs on a decentralized, peer-to-peer network such as Ethereum. Besides, to be able to build dapps, the cryptocurrency developers for hire should be familiar with front-end technologies as well as cryptography, which is required to build the back end part.
- Knowledge of Truffle framework. Truffle is a popular Ethereum framework for building blockchain apps.
- Understanding of the cryptocoin mining concept and ability to implement the related features in applications and systems.
- Familiarity with cryptography, such as symmetric, asymmetric (pub/priv key), hash functions, and encryption/signatures.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, such as HashMaps, Linked List, Queue, Stack, or Tree.