How To Hire A Good .NET Developer
Hire the best 942 .NET engineers with YouTeam
- Last Update
Full-stack developer with nine years of experience.
Mobile developer (iOS, Windows Phone) with hands-on...
Vice President of Operations
.NET Solution Architect and Competence manager with over...
.NET Developer with full stack expertise
Vice President of Technology
Senior Developer / Project Manager
Software Developer/Architect with ML/AI and Data Science...
C# and Java enterprise developer specialized on web and...
Full Stack (RoR, JS) professional
No-one really matches your needs?
Normally we are able to pro-actively find any given talent within 72 hours.
How To Hire A Good .NET Developer
.NET Framework is Microsoft’s software development platform which runs primarily on Windows OS and includes a large Framework Class Library. This software development environment enables each supported programming language to operate with code written in another language. This feature is also known as language interoperability.
The key advantages of the .NET framework, besides language interoperability, include automatic memory management, ability to create reusable modules, and support of modern programming languages. Its main distinguishable feature, however, is that .NET is the environment for developing “managed” code. The file compiled by the .NET environment is not an executive binary (as it is in the case of other environments), it contains metadata and intermediate language data. .NET Framework is majorly used for developing applications for Windows OS as it is easy to integrate with other Microsoft apps (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite), as well as for developing web applications.
Due to the key advantages of .NET framework and its popularity, as well as complexity, it is crucial to ensure that your future .NET programmers are professional and competent to handle all the .NET libraries and frameworks. Thus, we are dedicated to providing you with the top skills that your best choice for the .NET developer position should possess.
Top 6 Skills Of A Competent .NET Programmer
Besides the traditional qualities of a good software developer, such as trustworthiness, 3-4 years of experience, abilities to respond immediately, test, refactor the code and use the existing code, there are 6 key skills that a professional .NET developer must possess.
- Good command of C# and/or VB.NET Shop. C# and VB.NET Shop are specifically designed to work with the .NET framework. Therefore, strong C# and/or VB.NET Shop skills are the sound foundation that is key to successful development of any applications using .NET framework. Yet, just knowing the language is simply not enough.
- Strong .NET MVC (e.g. ASP.NET MVC) skills. Model View Controller is the architectural pattern for designing desktop software’s user interface. There can be no debate why it is crucial for a developer to master implementing the user interface. ASP.NET Model View Controller has basically taken over the.NET web development market as it this open source web application framework allows the developers who master it to create stylish web apps with ease.
- Experience in using customized .NET tools. These tools are the key to making the application more interactive and improving its functionality. Besides, there are customized .NET tools that are designed for application security and testing. Experience in using these tools is also quite useful and, most of the time, vital.
- Experience in working with databases. .NET framework is compatible with most databases available today. The most frequently used ones are Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle, so a professional .NET developer should be competent in working with at least one of them.
- Good command of bootstrap or any other client-side framework. Responsive design is one of the trends in .NET web development as the number of devices that use the web application keep increasing and their customization is becoming more and more diverse.
This is by no means a complete list of skills, yet, these are the most vital ones to the competences of any .NET developer. We hope this checklist has been of help to you so you can make the best hiring decisions possible when it comes to .NET development field.