Eastern European companies are becoming increasingly attractive to many businesses in terms of offshore software development, and Romania is among them. Over the last 20 years, the software development industry has significantly grown in this country, making it one of the most favorable outsourcing locations. With over 100,000 software development professionals available, Romania is extremely popular as an offshore/nearshore location among Western European countries.
Business Service Leaders in Romania and KPMG have listed Romania as the number one country among the mature outsourcing markets. Clients of outsourcing and outstaffing companies most commonly operate in such sectors as banking and insurance, tech and telecommunications, industrial and consumer goods. Even back in 2015, a company called Pierre Audoin Consultants (PAC) mentioned Romania to be a perfect outsourcing alternative to India, thanks to highly competitive costs, plus a great number of IT professionals with excellent tech and linguistic skills.
Top 9 reasons for choosing Romania for IT outsourcing
- Low costs. When considering IT outsourcing in Romania, the country offers offshore software development services at competitive rates of about $20/hour. Hourly rates of Romanian software engineers are 75% lower as compared with similar services in Western European countries and even in Eastern European countries, such as Poland and the Czech Republic.
- Technical expertise. Romanian software developers are highly competent and experienced with a wide range of software methodologies and technologies.
- Communication. Romanian software developers have solid English language skills as well as experience working in international teams and on custom software development projects.
- Time zone difference. Romania has a very small time zone difference with Western Europe – a maximum of 2 hours.
- Convenient location. Romania is easy to reach with a 1-2 hour flight from major Western European airports.
- EU membership. Romania is a member of the European Union, which makes it easier and safer to work with Romanian offshore software development providers.
- Economic growth. Romania belongs to the top 5 countries with the most rapid economic growth in the European Union.
Romania belongs to the top 5 countries with the most rapid economic growth in the European Union.Click to tweet
- Education in the information technology field. Every year about 7,000 IT specialists graduate from Romanian technology universities, meaning that the number of software development professionals in Romania will be gradually increasing from year to year.
- Economic stability. With its sustainable economic climate, Romania continues to attract various foreign investments thanks to the support that the government offers.
- Modern technology infrastructure. Romania offers one of the fastest-growing markets of information technology custom application development.
So if you’re in the EU and are looking for offshore software development options, IT outsourcing projects in Romania should be your preferred location, and you will not be disappointed.