In this fast-paced world, we all want to do more in less time. And the quote, “work smarter, not harder,” seems more relevant now.
Thanks to the advancement in technology, we now have tools that enable us to do more in less time. You guessed it right. We’re talking about business automation solutions. They make it easier to boost productivity, automate tedious tasks, and scale your business in ways never before possible.
However, with so many business automation solutions out there, choosing the right ones can be challenging. To make things easier for you, we have shortlisted the best automation tools in 2021. Each of them would be helpful in the exact area of your work and get better and faster results. Let’s get started!
Zapier for Workflow Automation
One of the most popular automation tools, Zapier, lets you connect all your apps and streamline your workflows. As of writing this article, Zapier supports over 3,000 tools across categories (project management, calendar, email, CRM, marketing, etc.).
To automate workflows, you need to choose a trigger (e.g., when I get a new email in Gmail) and actions (e.g., copy the attachment to Dropbox and alert me in Slack). Zapier will then automatically and securely perform your desired tasks.
Zapier also has pre-built workflows to help you get started. Even if you want to build custom workflows, you don’t need help from your developer. Its easy-to-use editor enables people without any technical knowledge to set up automation in no time.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts at $20 per month.
ActiveCampaign for Customer Experience Automation
Customer experience is one of the most important aspects of any business. ActiveCampaign enables you to treat every customer like your most important by letting you display the right message to the right person at the right time.
It has four aspects of customer experience automation:
- Orchestration: Combines the channels you use (like Facebook, Slack, Salesforce, Google Sheets, etc.) and uses if/else logic to automate tasks based on prospects’ responses to your campaigns.
- Segmentation: Helps understand each person’s values, where they are in the customer lifecycle, and more. It also tracks buyer preferences, behavior, and many custom attributes across the entire customer lifecycle, enabling you to better segment your customers and send personalized messages.
- Personalization: It uses data from the entire customer lifecycle to choose the best content, send time, and delivery channel for each individual. It enables you to offer 1-1 personal experience to each customer.
- Automation: Its artificial intelligence software helps you automatically enhance your entire customer strategy by highlighting what works best for each individual in real-time (using customer behaviors).
Pricing: It starts at $9 per month. You can also try ActiveCampaign for free for 14 days.
CallHippo for Voice Calls
While not an automation platform exactly, CallHippo is a VoIP phone system that makes it easier for you to handle business calls. It has an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) system that lets you share pre-recorded messages with your callers.
Besides, it has a power dialer system that enables you to dial a list of contacts automatically, thereby saving a lot of your agents’ time. Being one of the best VoIP phone systems, CallHippo integrates with your existing business applications and syncs your call details with other software.
Pricing: Starts from $15 per month.
Hunter for Email Outreach Automation
Businesses have to constantly build relationships, generate new leads, and communicate with potential customers, and one of the most cost-effective ways to do it is through email outreach. Hunter offers a complete solution that makes email outreach effortless, saving loads of time and money that you can use for other crucial business aspects.
It offers a variety of handy products that will support your email outreach automation, such as:
- Email Finder allows you to find professional email addresses of the key people that are publicly available, giving you a pleasant and targeted list of prospects.
- Email Verifier – email deliverability is a very hot topic in email marketing, and more marketers started to use email verification while doing any email marketing. It helps you verify email addresses from your email lists and ensure the deliverability of your emails, increasing your sender reputation.
- Campaigns – enables you to import your prospect’s information, create compelling and personalized outreach templates, manage the outreach sequence, and track the results of your outreach campaigns.
- Bulk tasks – allows you to use all the products in a bulk mode, enabling you to import huge lists of prospect’s information, and the tool will do the rest.
Zoho Projects for Project Management
Trusted by top brands like HDFC Securities, Stanford University, and Tata Chemicals Limited, Zoho Projects help you better plan your projects and ensure timely delivery.
Zoho Projects provide you with complete visibility into the progress of each project, thereby saving the time that you would otherwise spend on back and forth emails for updates. You can create blueprints to design the workflow to set up statuses and identify people responsible for each stage.
You can even automate email notifications or create mandatory fields required to transition tasks from one stage to another. It helps ensure the right processes are followed all the time.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts from $5 per user per month.
Right Inbox for Email Management
Email marketing has been and is one of the most effective marketing channels of all time. However, you can’t spend hours sending and replying to emails. That’s where Right Inbox can help.
You can write emails and then schedule them to be sent later. It also reminds you of important emails and conversations at a time of your choosing. You can use the templates and personalize the emails easily. Its email tracking lets you know how many times your email was opened and if the links were clicked.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts from $5.95 per month.
Calendly for Online Appointment Scheduling
Scheduling meetings can be a tedious task. It also takes much time to arrange meetings via back-and-forth emails or phone calls. With Calendly, you eliminate all these hassles.
All you need to do is set your availability preferences in Calendly and embed the link in your email invitation. For example, you can use an email signature banner to place your appointment link. The recipient then chooses the time that suits them, and the event will be automatically added to your calendar. Rescheduling emails is also easy.
Calendly also sends automated reminders and follow-ups to ensure the meeting goes as planned, thereby reducing cancellations and saving your time.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts from $8 per month.
Shipright for Product Feedback Management
Businesses live and improve on customer feedback. The more the feedback, the more they will be able to improve themselves. However, with so many feedback channels (social media, Google, third-party review sites, etc.), managing them can be time-consuming.
Shipright makes it easy for you. It organizes all the product feedback in one place to help build better products and increase customer satisfaction. You can use their browser extension or Slack integration to store feedback without switching apps.
Let your customers know that you have recorded their feedback automatically to ensure their satisfaction. Your sales, success, and support team can always stay informed on the user requests without switching apps.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan for solopreneurs. The premium plan starts from $49 per month (for up to 10 members).
Phantombuster for Lead Generation Automation
Lead generation is and will always be one of the crucial parts of any business. However, you can’t just spend hours every day to find good quality leads. That’s where Phantombuster comes to the rescue.
With Phantombuster, you can:
- Send personalized invites to thousands of people on LinkedIn.
- Collect data from LinkedIn profiles, including their emails.
- Scrape and export the results of a LinkedIn Search to an excel sheet.
- Automatically follow a list of Twitter profiles.
- Extract profiles that follow Instagram influencers.
- Like or comment on posts related to your industry.
Pricing: Has a forever-free plan. The premium version starts from $30 per month.
Leadsquared for Marketing Automation
Leadsquared is one of the best end-to-end marketing automation software. It helps you automate the following aspects of marketing:
- Capture leads from different channels (phone calls, digital ads, and more).
- Understand user intent (with 360-degree user profile and activity tracking).
- Visualize user journeys.
- Send relevant content to the right person at the right time.
- Reactive dead leads with cross-sell signal capture and triggered campaigns.
- Integrate your existing systems to get everything in one place.
Pricing: Starts from $400 per month.
Zoho Books for Accounting
Zoho Books is end-to-end accounting software that helps you better manage your finances and get a holistic view of your business’s cash flow. From negotiating deals to raising sales orders and invoicing, you can handle mundane accounting tasks from Zoho Books.
You can associate taxes with contacts and set the tax preference for each item. It will then calculate your sales tax liabilities in real-time and automatically populate the selected choices when creating a transaction.
Its client portal lets your customers view their transactions with you in one place. Other aspects of accounting that you can manage and automate with Zoho Books include:
- Payables and receivables
- Generate bills
- Keep track of every billable minute
- Track your sales tax liability
- Send recurring invoices automatically
- Send automated payment reminders
- Auto-charge cards for recurring transactions
Pricing: Starts from $15 per month
LeadGen App for High-Quality Leads
LeadGen App is an intuitive form builder for marketers and agencies to grow their customer base by capturing high-quality leads. The tool makes it easy to create lead capture forms, multi-step forms, and conditional logic forms that are easy to fill for any user.
With LeadGen App, you can create conversion-friendly forms without any coding skills. There are more than 100 conversion-focused templates to choose from. The tool makes it easy to create a stunning form design.
- Multi-step form builder
- LeadProof pop-ups
- Form A/B testing
- Google Cloud Address Autocomplete integration
- Lead management dashboard
- Conditional logic
- Design/Theme editor
- Integrations via Zapier and Webhooks
Pricing: Starts from $49 per month.
Ramp for Finance Automation
Ramp is the finance automation platform designed to save businesses time and money.
With Ramp, you get 5-in-1 software that consolidates corporate cards, expense management, bill payments, accounting, and reporting into one simple and free solution. Businesses that use Ramp save an average of 3.3% and close their books 86% faster.
Ramp offers 1.5% cashback on each transaction and credit limits 10 to 20x higher compared to other corporate credit cards. With Ramp, you can issue unlimited virtual and physical cards with built-in, easily customizable spend controls.
Finance teams spend less time tracking expenses, thanks to Ramp’s powerful accounting automation. You get real-time visibility to see every transaction as it happens, so you can accurately track and forecast spend. The software automatically collects receipts and categorizes transactions to help finance teams close their books on time every month.
Plus, Ramp easily integrates with a myriad of accounting, productivity, and security tools including QuickBooks, NetSuite, Xero, and Slack.
“With Ramp, I can put money in my employees’ hands and be confident that spend is controlled and reviewed.” Aron, CFO at Ro.
LeadsBridge for Easy Integrations
LeadsBridge is an iPaaS solution that enables companies to enhance their omnichannel strategy by orchestrating their business data.
LeadsBridge fulfills your integration needs, focusing on bridging gaps between advertising platforms and sales funnels, and delivering tailor-made integrations made upon your business needs.
The LeadsBridge platform is suited for companies that want to streamline their advertising activities by integrating the marketing technology stack with Facebook & Instagram Ads, Google Ads, and LinkedIn Ads.
With more than +370 out-of-the-box integrations available at the moment, you can easily connect your chosen software with your advertising platform, seamlessly synchronizing data for your marketing workflows.
- LeadsBridge main features include:
- Lead Sync
- Audience Targeting
- Online to Offline Tracking
- Platform to Platform
- eCommerce Synchronization
- Tailor-Made integration
Pricing: LeadBridge offers a free trial for all four paid plans when billed monthly or annually. Paid plans start at just $29 with the self-service platform that offers up to 1.5k leads/mo. Our Enterprise tier allows users to unlock the full potential of LeadsBridge. Starting at just $699 per month, this plan boasts a custom volume to the lead-sync feature. Plans vary in the maximum amount of integrations and synchronized units (leads, audiences, and conversions). All plans are GDPR (also for audiences) and CCPA Compliant, keeping all customer data safe.
Automation tools make it easier for you to perform day-to-day tasks and boost productivity. As a result, scaling a business becomes effortless without compromising on your business values or customer experience.
If the listed tools cannot cover your business requirements, you can hire a development team and get a custom software solution for your needs.