How much does it cost to hire an offshore ExpressJS developer?
Average cost of ExpressJS
The average rates for offshore software development services based on the YouTeam platforms’s data: 300+ outsourcing companies with a joint talent pool of 20,000+ software engineers.
ExpressJS Developer Salary vs. Rates on ExpressJS Software Development Services: what’s the difference? Our data includes not only salary itself, but bonuses, non-financial benefits, paid vacations, office costs, and taxes for each developer. So you can see the final amount that should be paid for the work of an outsourced senior ExpressJS developer.
163 Best ExpressJS Developers For Hire on YouTeam in December 2022
Alvaro Miguel M.Full-stack Developer with background knowledge in SCRUM Methodology
Ramiro A.Software Developer with +5 years of experience developing web applications
Start hiring to Start hiring
see all talents
YouTeam is the #1 solution for on-demand engineering staff augmentation in the world. Our YCombinator-backed platform unites resources of 300+ top development agencies of Eastern Europe and Latin America in one talent tool. This makes us first who can find the best available matches for each project.
Why hire engineers with YouTeam
NodeJSNodeJS is a back-end JS runtime environment used to create network apps. Cost of NodeJS development
MongoDBMongoDB is a document-oriented database to create scalable and high-performing web applications. Cost of MongoDB development
ReactReact (also React.js, ReactJS) is a front-end open-source JS library for developing single-page apps and other user interfaces. Cost of React development
Read about Work with ExpressJS Developers
Understanding ExpressJS as a
- ExpressJS - what is it?
- What is ExpressJS used for?
- ExpressJS stack
- Who is an ExpressJS developer?
- ExpressJS developer experience levels
- Tasks and responsibilities of ExpressJS developer
- Required skills of an ExpressJS developer
- Types of ExpressJS developers: freelancers, in-house engineers, outsourced programmers
- How to write the ExpressJS project description?
- ExpressJS developer hard skills assessment questions
ExpressJS is a bare-bones NodeJS framework used for web application development. With ExpressJS, you may not repeat the code as it already has what you need for the base development of RESTful APIs web applications. This framework helps organize web apps into MVC architecture and manage such processes as routes and even users’ input.
ExpressJS also has some features that distinguish it from other frameworks.
- Middleware. It has access to the database and clients’ requests. The main function of it is the organization of functions of ExpressJS.
- Fast server-side development. As ExpressJS allows users to use many features of NodeJS as templates of functions, it shortens development time as you can use them anywhere in the code.
- Debugging. ExpressJS provides users with an easy debugging process to determine which exact part of the code has bugs.
Here’s the list of the most important stack that is used with ExpressJS:
- Git. It is the most common version control system that will help keep the application working without worrying that something may be corrupted.
- Environment-to-go. It is better to have a stack as close to your project as possible with a decreased amount of errors by using different versions, with cloud integration (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM, etc.) and all the necessary libraries (SQL, MySQL, etc.).
ExpressJS developers use the ExpressJS framework for developing and maintaining web applications. There are also some of the main things they do: design, developt, debug, and maintenance of web applications and back-end components; manage data exchange between users and servers; connect web applications with servers.
If talking about the experience levels of developers, there are three common levels:
- Junior ExpressJS Developer
- Middle ExpressJS Developer
Being a middle ExpressJS developer requires from 3 to 5 years of experience. During this time, the developer must know a lot more than a junior developer and also be able to create their applications. Middle ExpressJS developers are also required to participate in problem-solving, generating ideas, and implementing them.
- Senior ExpressJS Developer
Senior ExpressJS developer should have a high experience level (at least five years) and have advanced knowledge of some programming languages, NodeJS, ExpressJS framework, and other frameworks needed to create web applications. Science ExpressJS is a framework of NodeJS; you can hire senior NodeJS developers as they will know this framework for sure. Also, they should have advanced soft skills and tech skills that help them in managing the project and the team. They also often combine their work with job titles like a team lead or a project manager.
ExpressJS developers usually have the following set of tasks and responsibilities:
- Design, develop, debug, and maintain web applications and back-end components.
- Management of data exchange between users and servers.
- Connection web applications with servers.
- Take part and contribute to the development process as a team member.
Some skills are essential to have if you are an ExpressJS developer. Among them are the following:
- The advanced skill of asynchronous programming. This skill will be highly useful as NodeJS allows the development of several parts of the project simultaneously.
If you want to hire ExpressJS developers, you often have three options: freelancers, in-house engineers, and outsourced programmers.
- Freelance ExpressJS developer
You can find and hire freelance ExpressJS developers on different freelancers platforms. As soon as they don’t belong to any company, their work will be finished as long as the project ends. A freelancer is a good option for companies with a small budget or short-term projects as such projects don’t require advanced skills or long-term relationships between the company and the developer. Although, there is a bad side: it is quite hard to find a freelance ExpressJS developer who will fit all your job requirements, and mostly they are not skilled and experienced enough. Often, it is hard to find skilled developers among freelancers as they usually work on interesting projects in reputable companies.
- In-house ExpressJS engineers
In-house engineers are a good option if there is a need to develop the software’s core. They are also very dedicated and more interested in providing high-quality end products than freelancers. In-house developers also can generate great ideas on how to create the best product and meet all the requirements. If you want a team that will be dedicated and highly skilled, then in-house engineers are what you need. Although it is a good option, it is still quite expensive as you will have to provide the in-house developers with appropriate technologies and tools, pay bonuses, and this model always requires extra spending.
- Outsourced ExpressJS developers
You can hire outsourced developers through the development agencies or with YouTeam outstaffing model. These developers can be a helping part of your in-house developers or as an independent development team. It is also a good option if you need to hire developers in a short time. With YouTeam, you can find the best candidates in less than two days. If you need developers who have the same level of skills and experience as your in-house team, try outsourcing or outstaffing model.
Before hiring an ExpressJS developer, you need to point out which requirements and skills you want the developer to have and what result you expect them to do. Below we will describe what exactly you need to write in your ExpressJS project description.
- Describe expectations of the project;
- Write some words about your company and the field you work in (it will help the developer to come up with some good solutions for you);
- Point out the development stage (it helps developers to know what are their responsibilities: development from scratch or only maintenance and updating);
- List tech and soft skills you need the developer to have;
- Point out the responsibilities the developer will have.
Before hiring, it is also required to check the expertise of the developer. You can ask them to take an online test and ask them questions connected to their field of expertise. Here are some of the questions you can ask the developer on the online interview:
- What is the difference between ExpressJS and NodeJS?
- What does an ExpressJS code look like?
- What do you understand by Scaffolding is ExpressJS?
- Which are the arguments available to an ExpressJS route handler function?
- How can you deal with error handling in ExpressJS? Explain with an example.
- What is MongoDB? What are the different types of middleware?
Tell us about your plans on a brief intro call and we’ll start the matching process.
FAQ about Hiring ExpressJS Developers
Why hire ExpressJS coders with YouTeam?
With YouTeam, you can hire developers in less than 48 hours which makes us the fastest solution on the marketplace. Another reason is that we provide only high-skilled developers with extensive work experience who can match all your requirements. Finally, hiring with YouTeam is cost-effective. Although skilled developers don’t cost cheap, due to differences in costs of living in Latin America and Eastern Europe, you can hire engineers with the same level as the US developers, but with lower rates.
How does YouTeam vet ExpressJS software developers?
The hiring process in YouTeam goes in the following stages. Firstly, we select only reliable software development companies to work with. Then, we preinterview each developer to ensure they meet customers’ requirements. After we send those matched to the client, and a client selects the best ones to go on an interview to check the candidate’s skills and expertise.
How much does it cost to hire the best ExpressJS developers using YouTeam?
The average hourly rate depends on the location of the developer, their expertise, and how advanced their tech and soft skill sets are. The average salary in the YouTeam of ExpressJS developers is $50 per hour.
Where do the best offshore ExpressJS engineers are located?
The best offshore software engineers are in countries of Latin America and Eastern Europe. These two regions have high yearly tech grow what also leads to an increase in the number of skilled developers. There is a wide outsourcing market that helps US companies to find highly skilled developers with lower prices as they live in countries with a lower cost of living.
How is YouTeam different from freelancer portals for hiring ExpressJS developers?
YouTeam doesn’t offer freelancers but developers from reliable agencies. They will have the required set of skills and will fully dedicate their time and efforts to the project. If something happens and the developer will have to leave the project, we’ll easily and quickly replace them.
Why hire a team of ExpressJS developers?
If you hire a team of ExpressJS developers, you can be sure that the development process will last shorter as each developer has their own part of the process and will do it the best. It is also a good option to hire the team because the engagement to the project and motivation will be higher compared to the one developer who does all the stages alone. Moreover, if there is a problem that the developer must leave the project, the process won’t suffer as the team can distribute the responsibilities between others.
How ExpressJS developer salary is different, and why?
Average NodeJS developer salary with ExpressJS expertise varies for two main reasons: the location of the developer and their expertise. Offshore developers usually live in countries where costs of living are lower compared to the US- Latin America and Eastern Europe. According to Payscale, the average ExpressJS developer salary in the US is $91K per year (and it can be considerably higher in New York and San Francisco). To compare, in countries of Latin America, the annual salary range will be different–from $11K to $18K yearly. In Eastern Europe, the average ExpressJS developer salary estimates are also different–from $10K to $21K. Experience also influences the salary rate as the more experienced the developer is, the higher their salary is.