How much does it cost to hire an offshore Laravel developer?
Average cost of Laravel
The average rates for offshore software development services based on the YouTeam platforms’s data: 300+ outsourcing companies with a joint talent pool of 20,000+ software engineers.
Laravel Developer Salary vs. Rates on Laravel Software Development Services: what’s the difference? Our data includes not only salary itself, but bonuses, non-financial benefits, paid vacations, office costs, and taxes for each developer. So you can see the final amount that should be paid for the work of an outsourced senior Laravel developer.
Laravel Hourly Development Rates
83 Best Laravel Developers For Hire on YouTeam in March 2023
Muhamed K.Senior Back-end Developer
Arshak T.Full stack Python developer with more than 8 years in IT
Start hiring to Start hiring
see all talents
YouTeam is the #1 solution for on-demand engineering staff augmentation in the world. Our YCombinator-backed platform unites resources of 300+ top development agencies of Eastern Europe and Latin America in one talent tool. This makes us first who can find the best available matches for each project.
Why hire engineers with YouTeam
PHPPHP is a general-purpose scripting language for back-end web development. Cost of PHP development
Angular 2Angular (or Angular 2+, Angular CLI) is an open-source web application framework based on TypeScript. Cost of Angular 2 development
NodeJSNodeJS is a back-end JS runtime environment used to create network apps. Cost of NodeJS development
Read about Work with Laravel Developers
Understanding Laravel as a
- Laravel - what is it?
- What is Laravel used for?
- Top tools of Laravel development
- Who is a PHP Laravel developer?
- Laravel developer experience levels
- What does a Laravel developer do?
- Laravel developer requirements and skills
- Types of Laravel developer jobs: freelancers, in-house engineers, outsourced programmers
- How to write the Laravel project description?
- Laravel developer hard skills assessment questions
Laravel Framework is an open-sourced framework used in PHP to create web applications. This framework has all the necessary tools for building web applications with the model–view–controller (MVC) template. Using MVC architecture helps work with codebases that usually have no architecture to keep the code structured, making the work easier.
Laravel aims to create the best conditions for PHP developers to develop applications without sacrificing the functionality of the application. Taylor Otwell, the creator of this framework, tried to combine all the best features available in PHP and other programming languages such as Ruby on Rails and ASP.NET MVC. The availability of many powerful tools and well-integrated test support make this framework attractive for web developers.
Nowadays, more than 7,000 companies use Laravel for their websites and applications, and around 170,000 web applications use this framework as a base for their websites. Among some of the most famous websites and social media which use Laravel services are Wattpad, BBC, GitLab, 9GAG, etc.
Using the Laravel framework for the back-end, it is possible to implement it in the following projects:
- Web pages (static and dynamic);
- ECommerce websites;
- Content management systems;
- Single-page applications and multi-page applications;
- Portal web applications;
- Social networking sites.
Many tools are available for Laravel developers that can ease and fasten the development process and help make high-quality applications. Here we will review top tools for Laravel applications development.
- PHPStorm It is an IDE created for Laravel development which provides many great features, such as intelligent code navigation, fast refactoring, comfortable debugging, and testing process.
- Entrust Entrust is a way to add role-based permissions in Laravel. There are four available tables–role, role user, permissions, and permissions role. You can choose this flexible and concise way to set the roles in different categories.
- Bitbucket Bitbucket is a web service that provides the ability to host projects with Git and allows you to share the project’s code with limited viewers. Due to its flexibility and sound privacy, it is popular among the developers of applications based on the Laravel framework.
- Socialite Laravel Socialite allows its users to handle OAuth authentication, allowing users to log in through the various social networking sites–Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Laravel Debugbar Another handy tool for the Laravel framework is Laravel Debugbar. This tool is located at the bottom of the window and shows all the needed information: memory usage, session data, database request, etc.
A Laravel programmer is an IT specialist whose specification field is developing web applications using the Laravel framework.
They also have database management skills. Laravel programmers can quickly and easily manage the organization’s data for its fast and easy access by the end-users or to share between organizations.
There are three types of developers’ job titles based on their level of experience. Here are the following:
- Junior Laravel developer
Junior Laravel developer has 0 (Entry Level) to 2 years of experience. Junior developers should have basic knowledge of back-end and front-end development, frameworks, and a basic understanding of PHP. Junior Laravel developers usually do minimal tasks which don’t influence the final project too much. Senior software engineers mentor junior developers and help them with their duties. They also work in teams that help them grow and learn new technologies with their experienced teammates.
- Middle Laravel developer
- Senior Laravel developer
Senior Laravel developers usually have more than five years of experience. Such a level of expertise requires having advanced knowledge of database development, programming using Laravel framework and a deep understanding of other frameworks, expertise in PHP, and other essential web development technologies. Such an experience also requires that senior developers have good personal and management skills, which will help them guide and manage junior developers and provide excellent support to the development team.
Laravel developer makes the following things:
- Development and maintenance of the web applications based on the Laravel framework using the corresponding tools.
- Write clean and understandable, and secure code for further testing and evaluation.
- Check the parts of the website for validation in different browsers and platforms.
- Provide code for testing and debugging if there is a need.
- Test back-end and UI for ensuring its functionality and serviceability.
Among the requirements and qualifications which Laravel programmer needs to have are the following:
- Experience in web development with Laravel framework;
- Experience and knowledge in software testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec);
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel Framework;
- Experience in optimization of databases SQL, MySQL, and REST API design;
- Understanding of web languages;
- At least basic knowledge of cloud servers (AWS, Azure, and Rackspace) and server tools (Nginx, AVG, Apache, and PHP-FPM);
- Good communication skills;
- Analytical thinking;
- Good problem-solving skills.
There are three types of developers which you can hire depending on your needs and requirements of the project:
- Freelance Laravel developers
If you want to hire a Laravel developer as a freelancer, there are some things you need to consider. First of all, freelancers are usually not assigned by any company and can work on many projects simultaneously. Such freedom can often lead freelancers to leave the project if it is not interesting for them anymore as they always have another one to work on. They are also not very interested in the project and won’t usually provide some excellent ideas on optimizing the final project. They are also relatively cheap for hire, so you can choose this type of developer if you have an undefined or just a small budget. Another con for hiring a freelancer may be that it is tough to find developers among the freelancers who will perfectly fit your expectations. If you have a small project with no need to continue working with the developer later, freelancers are the best choice as they will leave as soon as the project ends.
- In-house Laravel developers
On the contrary, if you need a dedicated development team for the core development stage, it is good to hire in-house engineers. You can rely on them if you need to create the project from scratch or continue working until the end. In-house developers will dedicate all their time to the project. It distinguishes them from freelancers because they are interested in the project and will be able to provide ideas on how to create an excellent final product. If you need developers to create high-quality products with no delays, in-house engineers are what you need.
- Outsourced Laravel developers
Another option of hire is outsourcing developers. Such developers usually work for development agencies from where you can hire them as a separate team or as helping developers for your in-house engineers. Outsourcing and outstaffing models may be a good choice compared to the in-house engineers as they have the same level of expertise in required technologies and cost less as most of them live in countries with lower costs of living, which also influences their salaries.
Before you hire the developer, it is essential to identify your requirements for the product and what you want the developer to create. Here we will describe what you should write in the project description to get the best matching developer.
To begin with, you need to shortly describe the expectations about the product and write about the industry your company works in so developers familiar with your industry could understand what to expect and what possible solutions they can create. It is also important to point out what development stage the project is, whether the developer needs to make the project or support and maintain it. After you need to list which tech and soft skills the developer needs to have and shortly describe the responsibilities.
To determine whether the developer is skilled enough for the project, you can evaluate their skills by interviewing them by asking them basic questions or passing the online test. Here we have gathered some of the questions you can ask Laravel developers to evaluate their hard skills:
- What are some benefits of Laravel over other PHP frameworks?
- What is a Laravel Service Container?
- List some Aggregates methods provided by query builder in Laravel?
- What are autoloading classes in PHP?
- What is the benefit of eager loading? When do you use it?
- Why do we need Traits in Laravel?
- What is the Facade Pattern used for?
Tell us about your plans on a brief intro call and we’ll start the matching process.
FAQ about Hiring Laravel Developers
Why hire Laravel coders with YouTeam?
YouTeam provides fast and secure outstaffing services of hiring developers from reliable agencies in less than 48 hours, making it the quickest solution in the marketplace. We also offer developers from top offshore destinations with a great pool of talented engineers such as Latin America and Eastern Europe.
How does YouTeam hire a Laravel software developer?
The vetting process takes several stages. After selecting developers due to the client’s request, we pre-interview them to get the best matches for the project. After this, we send the best matches to ensure that clients get what they want. Later the client has an interview with the chosen developers to check their skills and select which one they need.
How much does it cost to hire the best Laravel developers using YouTeam?
Depending on the expertise, location, and how good their tech and soft skills are, Laravel developers’ cost is different. In YouTeam, the hourly rate for Laravel developers is about $50.
Where do the best offshore Laravel engineers are located?
The best destinations to hire experienced Laravel developers are Latin America and Eastern Europe. These regions show high tech growth, leading to an increased number of skilled developers.
Talking about the most popular offshore destinations of Latin America, we can count Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, and Moldova. Latin America has the following countries which have the best developers: Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Mexico. In these countries, you can find experienced developers who can provide high-quality and cost-effective services, an excellent solution for US companies.
How is YouTeam different from freelancer portals for hiring Laravel developers?
YouTeam offers developers from reliable agencies and not freelancers. These developers will have the required set of skills and will work on the project as long as it is needed with fully dedicated time and efforts for better results. Also, if there is a need for the developer to leave the project, we can replace the developer in a few days.
Why hire a team of Laravel developers?
Hiring a team of Laravel developers will increase the speed of the development process, help keep motivation in the group, and decrease the chances of failure as there will be several people responsible for the project. You can also hire a team of developers, which is a good option as when one of the developers will not be able to work, other developers can take the responsibilities.
How is the Laravel developer salary different and why?
Laravel developer salary may vary due to the location of the developer and their experience. If talking about the location, developers live in different countries where the cost of living varies. Due to Payscale and ZipRecruiter, in the US, the average Laravel PHP developer salary is about $92K. In contrast, in the countries of Latin America, the average Laravel developer’s salary with the same level of experience will be lower–from $15K to $38K. In Eastern Europe, the average annual salary varies from $19K to $27K. Experience level also influences the average salary level, which means the more experience you have, the higher the base salary will be.